All Is Bright 2021
November 20, 2021 |
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
All Is Bright on 124 is BACK!
Mark your calendars for November 20, 2021.
Join the 124 Street community to celebrate the coming of the winter season by lighting up 124 Street with illumination, live music, street performers, face painting, fun winter activities, and more!
All is Bright is an annual free community light-up festival that caters to families and patrons of all ages. We are back and better than ever for 2021! We hope to see you all on Nov. 20.
What To Expect:
LOTS of excitement and entertainment. You can expect lots of on-stage and roaming entertainment suitable for all ages. This year’s emcee is Matt Debeurs, Morning Show CISN Country!
FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING AREA:
124 Street (road closed) between 107 and 109 Avenues | Main Stage: Helen Nolan Park, 124 Street and 108 Avenue
NEW THIS YEAR! We have an exciting new Indigenous Pavilion located at 124 St and 103 Avenue.
- Fairy Godmother’s Princess Team
- Photos with Santa Claus
- Foam Fighters
- Fort Edmonton/Metis Nation
- Ice On Whyte
- Glow YEG
- Infinity Healthcare – Games
- Cookie Decorating Stations
- Face painting station
- Fire Pits
- Live Music
- Immersive Light Installations
- Beverage Gardens
- Ice Sculptures
- Light-Up Street Performers
- Flying Canoë Volant Voyageurs
- Maple Taffy Making
- Cookie Decorating
- and more!
|4:00 – 4:10||Opening Remarks|
|4:10 – 4:35||Good Vibes Acapella|
|4:40 – 5:05||Skirts-A-Fire – HAIDEE|
|5:10 – 5:35||Bliss Band|
|5:40 – 6:05||Eric Kane Cherrington|
|6:05 – 6:30||LIGHT UP CEREMONY with Santa and Special Guests|
|6:35 – 7:00||Trincan Steel Drum Band|
|7:05 – 7:30||Skirts-A-Fire – C.J.: Chariz Faulmino & Jameela McNeil|
|7:30 – 8:00||Big City Band|
- High Street Business Square – shops and services stay open until 8:00 pm. There will be overhead heaters and a firepit set up around the site, live music to be performed by Jeff Hendrick between the hours of 4 and 7:00 pm, and hot chocolate samples provided by Café Versailles
- Meuwly’s offering delicious Hot Apple Cider, BBQ Candied Bacon, as well as a selection of other In-House and locally sourced snack food (pepperoni, chocolate treats, etc.)
- Art of Charcuterie – offering a special “All is Bright Charcuterie Bowl” for a special price of $25 – Pre order only and pickup at the table up front. Perfect for a romantic stroll for 2 down the avenue. https://www.artofcharcuterie.ca/shop/charcuterie-boxes/all-is-bright-bowl/
- Parcel + Prose – open until 8pm for All Is Bright and will have an enter-to-win gift basket in the store
- Barbell Base – Glow Workout Party. Free for members or $20 drop-in
The event will be centred around Helen Nolan Park on 124 Street at 108 Avenue with 124 Street also being closed from 107 to 109 Avenues.
- Parking: Available at all the usual places. Click here to see our area Parking Map
- Winter Biking: The City of Edmonton’s Downtown Bike Network is encouraging winter cyclists to cycle out to the event via the City’s new bike routes and lanes. Parking for bikes is available all along 124 Street. Click here to see the City of Edmonton’s winter riding tips.
- Transit: 124 Street is a major transit corridor with direct or connector routes running all along 124 Street. Click here to go directly to the ETS Trip Planner to plan your trip to the All is Bright festival site.
Site #2 – The Indigenous Pavilion is located at 124 Street and 103 Avenue. Please use the above links to plan your route.
NEW THIS YEAR: FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE!
We are offering a free shuttle service between 3:45 pm and 8:15 pm to and from Sites #1 and #2.
This is a great way to meet people in your community and experience the event from another perspective. Thank you to our amazing volunteers who make this possible!
Wanna play? You’re in luck! If you would like to join the team, we are currently still seeking volunteers for the following:
- Beverage Garden Entrance/Exit Supervisors
- Fire Pit Monitors
- Photo Booth Attendants
- Info Tent Attendants
- Event Setup and Teardown
To sign up to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please note: The Restriction Exemption Program will be in place for each site. You will be required to show proof of vaccination or proof of negative test. According to the Alberta Government Website:
Valid proof of vaccination
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated (at least 14 days from second dose of a 2-dose vaccine or a single dose of Janssen).
- Alberta vaccine record with QR code (paper or digital) is now the only valid Alberta-issued proof of vaccination accepted by operators participating in REP.
- Other accepted forms of proof of vaccination include:
- Valid identification that matches the vaccine record is also required for adults 18 and over.
Proof of Negative Test
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- The test result should be a written or printed copy that indicates the individual has tested negative for COVID-19 on a Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR, or lab based PCR test approved by Health Canada or the lab accreditation body of jurisdiction.
124 St is Still Open for business! Many of the businesses of 124 Street are still open and have shifted to online, phone order, delivery, and/or pick-up services. Our businesses continue to be working hard to deliver you the same products and services efficiently and with the same personal touch! All businesses have been provided with information from Alberta Health Services and advised to adhere to public health risk measures, keeping your health and safety at the forefront of their operations.
Thanks again for your ongoing support and stay safe out there!