ALL IS BRIGHT ON 124
November 10, 2018 |
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The businesses of 124 Street invite you to our annual light up festival on Saturday, November 10 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. This unique event celebrates the winter season by bringing light to our community. This year we’re moving from 124 Street’s South Pole to the North Pole at 108 Avenue! The festival is free to attend and everyone is welcome!
We’ll share updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram through our @shop124street handles, which we’ll be marking with the hashtag #AllisBright.
When planning your weekend, we hope that you will also take the time to acknowledge the service of those who have fought for our freedoms. The City of Edmonton has several ceremonies for the following day (Sunday, November 11); please click HERE for details.
Bairro 124: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (12328 102 Ave)
- Open Mat demonstration from 4 – 6 pm
Bling Gifts & Décor (10612 124 St)
- Offerings and Sale: Christmas punch and 50-70% off all Christmas Decor and Baubles.
Children in Play Daycare (12407 109 Ave)
- Free hot chocolate, popcorn, crafts, and activities.
Find Boutique (12304 Jasper Ave)
- Edmonton Public Library presents a shadow version of the folk tale: “A Dark, Dark Tale”, which is fun for all ages.
- Sale: 50% off sale for the entire store excluding the “Local Artist Corner” (10am – 8pm)
Glasses Half Full (10625 124 St)
- “Pup Party” with Dogs with Wings. For a minimum donation of $5 (which goes towards the overall cost of raising guide dogs) you will receive a Polaroid picture with “Puppy Claws” as well and hot chocolate for the whole family!
Glenora Family Pet Clinic (10544 124 St)
- Open House from 4PM to 8PM, with a raffle, free popcorn, hot cocoa with marshmallows, and cider. The clinic will also have a face painter and a Christmas card workshop.
Hideout Distro (12407 108 Ave)
- Society of Northern Alberta Print-Artists hosting printmaking activities.
Lotus Café Gallery (10321 124 St)
- Dominelli Entertainment performing live.
Nosh Café (10235 124 St)
- Giving out chai.
Parcel + Prose (10524 124 St)
- Hosting local maker Ochre Lea with a Letterpress demonstration. Customers can create their own complimentary Christmas postcard using an antique letterpress.
Propaganda Hair Salon (10808 124 St)
- Shaguar performing live in the salon.
Tabletop Café (10235 124 St)
- High Street Sound performing live in the café.
The Front Gallery (10402 124 St)
- Jess Smith performing live in the gallery from 6PM – 8PM
The Tea Girl (12411 Stony Plain Rd)
- Rebecca Lappa performing live in the café from 4PM – 6PM
There will be roving performances from Flying Canoe’s Voyageurs and Aytahn Ross, fire pits and s’mores stations hosted by Explore Edmonton, Elk Island National Park interactive activities, including a selfie station and oversized bison stuffy, outdoor light-up games and activities from Next Gen, a cookie decorating tent from Edmonton and District Labour Council, Edmonton Rickshaws, Daisy Chain Co. Mobile Bookshop Truck, and Live Chainsaw Power Carving by Power Carver.
There will also be candles, glow sticks, beverages, and bags of roasted chestnuts all available for sale. Food trucks onsite will include Poutine World, Street Eats, Fat Franks, Benny Yorkshire Shack, and Canadian Maple Shack.
There will also be giant games of Jenga and Connect 4, Flociety fire and light dancers, light crafts with Dylan Toymaker, a light parade, Diamond B Wagon Rides will be giving horse drawn wagon rides, and… that’s not even getting into the amazing live music and main stage programming!
This year we’re moving from 124 Street’s South Pole to the North Pole! The event will be centred around Helen Nolan Park on 124 Street at 108 Avenue.
- Parking: Available at all the usual places. Click here to see our area Parking Map
- Winter Biking: The City of Edmonton’s Downtown Bike Network is encouraging winter cyclists to cycle out to the event via the City’s new bike routes and lanes. Parking for bikes is available at the former MEC building. Click here to see the City of Edmonton’s winter riding tips.
- Transit: 124 Street is a major transit corridor with direct or connector routes running all along 124 Street. Click here to go directly to the ETS Trip Planner to plan your trip to the All is Bright festival site.
This is a great way to meet people in your community and experience the event from another perspective. Thank you to our amazing volunteers who make this possible!
Wanna play? You’re in luck! If you would like to join the team, we are currently still seeking volunteers for the following:
- Beverage Tent*
- Entrance/Exit Supervisors and Greeters
- Fire Pit Monitors
- Hot Beverage Prep
- Hot Beverage Runners
- Sleigh Ride Supervision
*Note: Beverage Garden Servers must be ProServe Certified
If you are interested in volunteering, you can sign up online HERE.
Please direct questions about volunteering to Eryne Sarabin, Founder and Lead Planner for Tycoon Event Planning & Promotions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-667-5183.